Saturday, March 17, 2012

Model Update

I apologize for not updating my progress on my scale model. I've been busy working on stuff for the farm. The USS Eisenhower itself is finished. I have applied the water slide decals to the planes and all that's left is to glue them on. I decided to only paint and use one of the two sprues of planes provided with the model kit. In this instance, I thought less is more because there would almost be too many planes if I used both sprues and I thought the flight deck would look way too busy.

The kit did not come with any antennae for attachment along the sides of the flight deck. To solve this problem, I went out and bought some 20 gauge (or .81mm) wire and cut it to 17mm in length. I dipped the tip in the cement and held the various wires in place before the cement was strong enough to hold them.

My camera is now working again, so as soon as I have to photograph the models, I will post pictures. Also, I'll review the models that I have assembled so far. I'll post my first review as well as thoughts about the completed Eisenhower and my next model project, Trumpeter's 1/700 South Dakota, as I open the box for the first time.

As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment